Bathurst CBD and Bulky Goods Business Development Strategy (2011)
The Bathurst CBD and Bulky Goods Business Development Strategy is an integrated physical framework to coordinate the planning and development of retail and commercial uses over the next twenty years and beyond. It is intended to provide a clear planning approach to the development of new retail/commercial uses and reflect community values and priorities. The Bathurst Regional Council commissioned Renaissance Planning to undertake the Strategy in May 2010.
The Strategy aims to:
- provide an assessment of the City's regional catchment area (RCA) and the extended area that Bathurst services with retail and other activities;
- assess future population growth in Bathurst and its RCA (2010-2021-2031);
- assess aggregate retail expenditure by commodity group for Bathurst City and its RCA;
- survey and assess current market share patterns, and inbound and escape expenditures;
- provide projections of future likely retail sales potential for the City of Bathurst;
- assess future retail floorspace requirements by activity group by future year;
- assess net additional floorspace requirements;
- investigate the current hierarchy of activity centres and assess its suitability for the future;
- assess and recommend optimal hierarchy requirements to maximise net community benefit;
- assess likely future impacts of online shopping and floorspace demand.
Return to Previous Page.