Byambee Rises Estate (2008)
Byambee Rises is a medium scale (up to 150 lots) residential subdivision in Kangaroo Flat, Bendigo. The key development criteria was to provide a durable dry-land parkland and street tree planting which recognised the harsh conditions for plan establishment.
A simple approach was followed based upon reality and an understanding of what will work, and what techniques should be required to establish a parkland setting as a centrepiece.
- Central parkland open space as centrepiece for development
- Adjacent Bendigo State Forest
- Access to local shops, public transport and infrastructure
- Urban design of principal streets
- Open space/recreation principles as foundation for master plan design
Return to Previous Page.