Gloucester Urban Design Framework (2010)
Renaissance Planning was engaged by the Gloucester Shire Council (New South Wales) in 2010 to prepare urban design principles and an urban design framework for the Gloucestern Town Centre.
Key elements in the plan encompass:
- maintenance of a high quality core area in the Town Centre, which is strongly pedestrian focussed;
- pedestrian networks and linkages;
- parkland and open space planning providing for a network of green spaces that frame the western edge of the Town Centre;
- maintenance of view lines to the mountain ranges;
- landscape theming for the main street and key entry nodes;
- identification of activity precincts;
- built form and urban design guidelines for the Town Centre.
Return to Previous Page.