Legana Town Centre Structure Plan (2014)
The Legana Town Centre is currently the leading shopping centre north west of Launceston and is ideally located to service the long term district and regional requirements of an extensive catchment north of Riverside and Trevallyn extending right through to the coast and George Town. In August 2013 West Tamar Council appointed Renaissance Plannning to undertake a review of the Legana shopping centre and surrounding precinct and to prepare a structure plan to guide future planning and development of the town centre to service the growing population in the region.
Key elements of the Plan include:
- strategically located retail attractors;
- clustering of complementary retail, commercial and community services;
- pedestrian focussed main street shopping environment;
- north facing town square and local park at the heart of the town centre;
- supporting network of district collector roads;
- network of pedestrian spaces;
- pedestrian and cycle connectivity to the wider district network;
- accessible and extensive car parking system;
- clearly defined visual orientation and wayfinding;
- capacity and flexibility to incorporate modifications that will reflect population growth and demographic changes, together with future social and economic needs.
Return to Previous Page.